Competition Ready, Combat Proven
The SCAR® is the semi-auto only version of the newest service rifle of U.S. special operators. Light, fast-handling and quick shooting, the SCAR® 16S is chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO (223 Rem.) and features a free-floating, cold hammer-forged MIL-SPEC barrel with chrome-lined bore. The SCAR® 17S is chambered in 7.62x51mm NATO (308 Win.) and features a free-floating, cold hammer-forged MIL-SPEC barrel with chrome-lined bore. Fully-ambidextrous operating controls on both models instantly adapt to any shooter and any shooting position. The receiver-integrated MIL-STD 1913 optical rail and three accessory rails enable the mounting of scopes or electronic sights, plus tactical lights and lasers. The telescoping, side-folding polymer stock is fully adjustable for comb height and length-of-pull, and is available in Flat Dark Earth (FDE) or matte black.
The SCAR® Series includes:
Experience the long-range accuracy, downrange power, exceptional reliability and match winning versatility of the SCAR® 17S, the semi-auto only version of the U.S. Special Operations Command’s newest service rifle. Chambered in 7.62x51mm NATO (308 Win.), the SCAR® 17S features a free-floating, cold hammer-forged MIL-SPEC barrel with hardchromed bore. Fully-ambidextrous operating controls instantly adapt the SCAR® 17S to any user or any shooting position. The receiver-integrated MIL-STD 1913 optical rail plus three accessory rails enable mounting of a wide variety of scopes, electronic sights, tactical lights and lasers. The telescoping, side-folding polymer stock is fully adjustable for comb height and length of pull, making it ideal for Heavy Metal 3-Gun matches.
- 7.62x51mm NATO (308 Win.)
- Semi-auto only
- Short-stroke gas piston
- Rotating, locking bolt
- Matte black or Flat Dark Earth (FDE) color
- Hard-anodized monolithic aluminum
- MIL-STD 1913 accessory rails at the 3, 6, 9 and 12 o’clock positions
- Adjustable folding front and folding/removable rear iron sights
- Hammer-forged, chrome-lined, fully free-floating
- Telescoping side-folding polymer stock
- Adjustable cheekpiece
- A2-style pistol grip
- Ambidextrous safety lever and magazine release
- Charging handle may be mounted on right or left side
- Enlarged trigger guard for easier access when wearing gloves
- Composite polymer trigger module
- 10 or 20-round capacity
- Steel or aluminum body
- Low friction follower
- Caliber: 308 Winchester/7.62x51mm NATO
- Twist Rate: 1 in 12"
- Barrel Length: 16.25"
- Overall Length: 28.5” to 38.5”
- Weight: 8.0 lbs. empty
- Ammunition Capacity: 10 or 20-round detachable box magazine